– I did go down into the clubhouse after the doubleheader last night, just never got around to posting anything between falling asleep early last night and taking today off. Figured it’s better late than never. Here are some audio clips from myself and Trentonian colleague Josh Norris interviewing a few of the guys…
– I spoke to Paul Bush in the clubhouse last night as well. It seems his fingernail has healed to the point where he’s ready to be activated from the disabled list, and he’s just waiting for the go-ahead to be back on the roster. He said the crack in his nail came from the pressure he was putting on the ball while pitching, and that he wasn’t struck by a ball or anything like that. His nail did have a noticeable, clear coating on it though.
– Humberto Sanchez is also expected to be activated from the Teporarily Inactive List on Tuesday.
– The Thunder have the day off on Monday. Reading comes in for their last trip this season starting Tuesday. Lance Pendelton makes his Waterfront Park debut on the 11th against Mike Stutes. Jeremy Bleich faces Vance Worley on the 12th and Zach McAllister will take on Yohan Flande on the 13th. I tried the Yohan Flande the other day at Across The Border…it was delicious.
So if you wanted to see Kyle Drabek pitch, oh well. He will not have appeared in either of the R-Phils trips in here. Add him to Madison Bumgarner, Ross Detwiler and others who Thunder fans — and reporters — have been jobbed out of seeing pitch this season.
– Chad Jennings, Scranton’s information machine/beat writer, reports that former Thunder starter Ivan Nova has been placed on the DL.
– Rebecca from This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes was at the doubleheader on Saturday…got to meet her and chat a bit before the game and inbetween games. She has a little write-up and some photos from her trip posted here. And for the record, The Humpty Dance is still horrendous.
Mike Ashmore, mashmore98 AT gmail.com